Milford Regional Counseling Services responds quickly and effectively to New Hampshire families in need and helps to resolve the ongoing struggles community members face every day — providing access to high-quality, affordable mental health care, regardless of a person’s ability to pay for services. You can help ensure that affordable mental health counseling for adults, children, and families in need is available in the Greater Milford and Souhegan Valley region. Each year, your donations provide:
- Free and low-cost mental health counseling to children and adults who would otherwise be unable to obtain care due to lack of ability to pay.
- A healthier, happier community better able to cope with the stress of every day life, including loss, divorce, unemployment, and health issues.
- A reduction in suicides and self-harm amongst those who receive mental health counseling.
Through many options to donate practically and effectively, you can be an agent of change in the lives of some of New Hampshire’s most vulnerable children, adults, and families.
On behalf of all the more than 200 Souhegan Valley community members in need that rely on Milford Regional Counseling Services each year to avoid homelessness and unemployment, maintain good health, and achieve sustainable independence, we thank you, our donors. Without the support of individuals, local businesses, and foundations, none of this would be possible.
Ways to Give
Recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as 501(c)(3) public charities, your donations to any of the Partnership member-agencies qualifies for the maximum tax benefits allowed by law. We encourage you to contact us by email or by phone at 603-882-3616 with question or to learn more. There are many ways that you can help support the Milford Regional Counseling Services:
Gifts of Cash, Check, or Credit Card
A gift of cash is a simple and easy way for you to make a gift. You will receive a charitable tax deduction that will provide you with savings on this year’s tax return.
Click here to Donate Now
Drop off or send a check or money order, with “Donation” written in the memo, to:Milford Regional Counseling Services ATTN: Development Department 45 High Street Nashua, NH 03060
Gifts of Securities, Stocks and Bonds
A gift of your securities, including your stocks or bonds, is an easy way for you to make a gift. By making a gift of your appreciated securities, you can avoid paying capital gains tax that would otherwise be due if you sold these assets.
Memorial and Tribute Donations
A memorial or tribute donation is an appropriate way to remember a special person while at the same time helping others.
When you make a gift in memory or in honor of someone, we can send notice of the gift to whomever you designate. We do not specify the amount of the donation unless you request it, and you may customize your message to the acknowledge by enclosing a note with your donations, or contacting us by email or phone at 603-882-3616. You will receive a formal acknowledgment and receipt for your donation.
Considering having a brick engraved to honor a veteran. For more information, please visit the Veterans FIRST Bricks of Honor page.
Gifts of Real Estate
A gift of your real property (such as your home, vacation property, vacant land, farmland or ranch or commercial property) can make a great donation. If you own appreciated real property, you can avoid paying capital gains tax by making a gift to us.
Gifts of Retirement Assets
A gift of your retirement assets [IRA, 401(k), 403(b), pension or other tax deferred plan] is an excellent way to make a gift.
We may accept gifts of personal property, such as vehicles, artwork and jewelry, at our discretion and in accordance with our gift acceptance policies. At times, we also accept gifts of gently used technology; office supplies and equipment; tools and landscaping equipment; canned and non-perishable food; toiletries; and small household items. In most cases, we cannot accept gifts of used beds and bedding, used clothing, used linens; used appliances ; or used furniture.
For more information on how to donate personal items, please visit our In Kind Donation page.
Did you know that the company you work for will often match the value of your donation? This is an easy way to double the effect your gift has on those we serve.
Make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime: gift planning is a simple yet powerful way to impact the lives of NH residents in need well into the future, while creating a lasting legacy. There are many ways to accomplish this, described below. However, we encourage you to email or call us at 603-882-3616 with questions and discuss these options with your estate planner or attorney.
Wills and Bequests
You can make a provision in your will or trust fund for a Partnership agency, set to your specifications.
It is important to use very specific language. Suggestions for language to use when making this provision vary, depending on your wishes. An estate planner or an attorney can help you. But, here are some examples:
- Bequest of cash: “I bequeath the sum of $_______ to Milford Regional Counseling Services, Inc. , Milford, NH.”
- Bequest of a percent of the estate: “I devise and bequeath ___% of the remainder and residue of property owned at my death, whether real or personal, and wherever located to Milford Regional Counseling Services, Inc. , Milford, NH.”
- Contingent Bequest: “If my (example: brother John Doe) survives me, I devise and bequeath ___% of the remainder and residue of property owned at my death, whether real or personal, and wherever located to (example: John Doe). If (example: John Doe) does not survive me, then I devise and bequeath ____% of my residuary estate, whether real or personal property and wherever located to Milford Regional Counseling Services, Inc. , Milford, NH”
Gift of Insurance
A gift of your life insurance policy is an excellent way to make a gift to us. If your life insurance policy is no longer needed or will no longer benefit your survivors consider making a gift and help further our mission.
Charitable Gift Annuities
A charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and our organization.
- You transfer property to Milford Regional Counseling Services. In exchange, Milford Regional Counseling Services pays you fixed income for life.
- The fixed income can be significant, depending on your age.
- A part of your income stream may be tax-free. You will receive a charitable deduction for your gift and create impact and change in the lives of those we serve.
Types of Assets You May Give
- If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity income will be tax-free.
- You may make a gift of your appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax.
Current Gift Annuity
If you’d like to receive current income, you may transfer property in exchange for Milford Regional Counseling Services‘ promise to pay you a fixed income beginning as early as this year. You will receive a current income tax charitable deduction for the value of your gift to Milford Regional Counseling Services.
Deferred Gift Annuity
If you are not ready to begin receiving income until a future date, such as when you retire, you can establish a deferred gift annuity, receive a current charitable income tax deduction and receive payments at a designated future time. Best of all, because you deferred your payments, your annual payment will be higher than with a current annuity.
There are many kinds of charitable trusts and variations. It is important to speak with your estate planner or attorney when deciding whether this kind of planned giving is right for you. We can help answer any questions or concerns too.